Friday, January 28, 2011

TGIFreeday!

Let us rejoice, for it is a most glorious Friday.
It would be even better if my landscape didn't look like this.



I have a lot on the weekend to-do list. There are a couple of illustrations and a book trailer to work on. I finally started tranferring the text from my storyboards onto an actual computer file last night. I really took a while to even create the file because I'm somewhat intimidated by the trailer project. I've never presented my writing or my illustrations in that type of medium. Have I said that before? I'm pretty sure that repeating yourself is a sign that you may be senile and also a sign that you might blog too much.

Today I started what was supposed to be the final read-thru for the novella. Now that I have a LOT of distance, I see parts that need more detail. With these smaller projects, like the short stories, I tend to rush myself. Maybe I'm trying to fit the effort into some subconsciously predetermined idea of what the completion time should be. That's a bad thing.

I'm in love with ninety percent of it. I'm not doing a major rewrite because my editor has already read over it. I'm also not pushing out release time. What I am going to do is hang out with the words for a while, add some things, tweak setting details.

So I ride off into Friday night with much to do in the next couple of days. Hopefully I will be more productive than I was last weekend. That shouldn’t be too difficult, seeing as I really didn’t do anything I planned.

The movie for this weekend is Devil, and if Shyamalamadingdong messed this movie up too, I may give up on him. I will probably post about it on Monday.

_________________________
Hey, want some free reading? Check out the fiction freebie page on this very blog!
There you shall find a download of three short stories (free ebook) and links to my novel excerpts on Scribd.

Other places to find me:
http://www.LeaRyan.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LeaRyan1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?