Thursday, January 27, 2011

book: Gunn's Golden Rules

Gunn’s Golden Rules, Life’s Little Lessons for Making It Work
By Tim Gunn with Ada Calhoun

This is weird book selection for me. I don't usually read books like this, and by 'this' I mean popular culture books written by celebrities. I picked it up at the library and thought it looked entertaining.

The book has advice on how to use what you have to live life to the fullest and have good manners.

I’m not sure if I really gained anything by reading the book. There were some entertaining stories, like one about Vogue editor Anna Wintour being carried on stairs by her bodyguards.

The writing is fine, but a little attention deficient. For example, at one point, really out of nowhere, Gunn launches into a list of movie recommendations. He told some dog stories in another part.

Gunn’s Golden Rules is fun but not life altering.

The indie reviews are on hold again this month and probably next month. I swear I haven’t abandoned them completely.

_________________________
Hey, want some free reading? Check out the fiction freebie page on this very blog!
There you shall find a download of three short stories (free ebook) and links to my novel excerpts on Scribd.

Other places to find me:
http://www.LeaRyan.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LeaRyan1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?