Sunday, July 31, 2011

rewriting things that didn't work

I spent some time rewriting the remix project yesterday and I got stuck on this one particular scene. Something was wrong with it, but I couldn't quite put my finger on why it was bothering me. I stopped working for the day. I was sick of reading my own words anyway.

Then this morning I woke up and thought about the scene again. I realized that I had inadvertantly changed part of the setting. A lot of what I had written didn't belong. I actually had to gut the whole thing and start that part over, which was okay because the new scene was much better.

I’m going to blame this issue on a pause between work sessions. Most of the time, I write and proofread during little snippets of time I can grab during the evening or weekend or a lunch break. I work for as little as ten minutes at a time sometimes, which is probably bad.

Working for a long period of time is better because I catch issues like secenery inconsistency. But I have to work with what time I can get, and 90% of the time periods I get are snippets. Such is life, for now.

Let's see where we are. Page 28 of the 107 page original draft. Creeping toward acceptable novel length at 60900 words.

_________________________
Hey, want some free reading? Check out the fiction freebie page on this very blog!
There you shall find links to two free ebooks on Smashwords and novel excerpts on Scribd.

Other places to find me:
http://www.LeaRyan.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LeaRyan1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?