Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ode to Resident Evil

I love Resident Evil.

And I, like many other fans of the game/movie series, don't really give a crap what movie critics think of Afterlife.

I've been a fan since the very first game with Jill and Chris on PS1. I couldn't even tell you how many times I played through that game. I got to the point where I could beat it in less than 5 hours. I played most of the games after that, with the exception of just a couple.

I also like the movies.

Are they cheesy? Yes, it's all cheesy, darling. It has been from the very beginning. The people who like Resident Evil aren't fans because we think it's high art.

We want to see zombie heads burst at the end of a shotgun, and we want to see some shit get blown up. We want to be startled by scary zombie-like animal creatures popping out of nowhere. We want to see the annoying people bite it and the fittest bad asses survive.

Oh yes. If you need me Saturday night, I will be in the movie theater wearing those dorky 3D glasses, stuffing my face full of calories, and relishing in the kitschy gore-filled genius that is Resident Evil. I'll let you all know how it goes.

* * * *

And here is an illustration for your viewing pleasure. That's right, I'm cramming it all on one post today. I am thinking of starting an alternate blog for the art stuff, just so y'all have somewhere else to chase me around on the internet. LOL


It's an elk skull. Prints are available in the gallery. Click the pic to give 'er a lookie if you're interested.
_________________________
Other places to find me:
http://www.LeaRyan.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LeaRyan1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?