Tuesday, September 7, 2010

yet more book argh

OK, remember how I previously wrote about doing a color version of the book? No? Yes? Well, I did. I took a poll about which version of the book to come out, hard cover with black and white illustrations or paperback with color illustrations. The hard cover with color illustrations costs too much, like $50+.

Well, I went to set up the paperback with color printing yesterday, and the price was almost as high as the color illustration hard cover. effing ridiculous. I used the book calculator before in an effort to make an estimate of what it might cost. Apparently I did it incorrectly because the actual cost was WAY higher than what the calculator told me before.

It just sucks because I only need color on about ten pages but they charge for color throughout. I'm going to have to do all black and white, which makes me quite unhappy. I really love color.

The color versions of the illustrations will be up in slide show form on my website during release week, so y'all will still get to see what they look like. I am considering putting up printable files too, in case anyone wants to print them for personal use. My daughter has requested two of them to hang up in her room, so I guess it's conceivable that someone else in the world might want to print one of them out too.

On the to do list for this week before release week - finish answering interview questions, decide on guest blog post subject matter, also write the guest blog post, set up paperback with black and white illustrations, write event announcement for goodreads, do a few website updates, etc. The list goes on.

I'd better get to it.
_________________________
Other places to find me:
http://www.LeaRyan.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LeaRyan1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?