Tuesday, September 14, 2010

intro from the novel

I don't have much to say today. I thought I would post a bit on the novel. I promise I haven't shifted the focus of the blog to only stuff about MacDowell Sisters & AnnaBeth. That would be an exercise in self centeredness, wouldn't it? It's release week! What do you want from me?

Here is the intro, located after the table of contents and before the prologue, in case you were just dying to know.

"I knew it was over when they let us burn the bodies. Never in a million years would the sisters have allowed us to dispose of them otherwise. I did thank God I didn’t have to go down into that cellar anymore and see them. Standing over the Reau House dead as they burned smelled far worse, but the fact that I would never again have to see their lipless grins or inhale the dust from their funerary suits made up for that one last stench."

Off that subject, I'm on tumblr now. I'm still trying to figure it all out. It feels like a strange new alien world. I've never seen a website like it.

Here is my link - http://more-squid.tumblr.com/

Yes, I'm everywhere. That's how I roll. Are you wondering why the URL is more-squid? Well I based the name on something I read about setting up an online presence. Whoever wrote it (sorry, can't remember) offered up some advice that went roughly - think less earthworm and more squid. as in more appendages, be more places. Get it?

I posted some things on there today. Hopefully I'll be wittier and more adept at a later date.

I also started writing a novella the other day. I haven't written one of those yet, so that should be interesting. I've written short stories and novels, but not a novella. I hope to have it out before the start of next year. The release date will depend largely on editing. I was thinking about releasing it free on smashwords and then a print copy on amazon.

What is tomorrow? Wednesday! Wednesday is interview day. Here we go. Hopefully I won't sound like a halfwit. The link is below. We should all visit.

http://writinginsight.blogspot.com

That's all I have for now.

_________________________
Other places to find me:
http://www.LeaRyan.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LeaRyan1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?