Wednesday, June 8, 2011

book working

I did some major writing this past weekend. Over the course of three days, I wrote somewhere between 3000 and 4000 words, which is a lot for me. The husband worked some overtime. The daughter was gone all weekend. In other words, there was more quiet time than usual. The boy was around but he’s pretty quiet when his sister is gone, no one to fight with, I guess.

I had some good ideas for the remix project while I was writing too. I had a character telling a story about an event that happened to her years prior. As I was writing, I decided that I wasn’t feeling what she was saying. There was emotion, but it wasn’t powerful enough.

I cut all of that out. Instead of having her tell the story, I’m going to take a chapter or maybe two and actually develop and write out the whole story as a sort of flashback. I think it will be more vivid that way.

I’m listening to classical music as I’m typing, and my son just informed me that the music sounds like “George Washington songs”. LOL

Remix current word count - 44413

If I can keep writing at this pace, I may be able to finish the rough draft by the end of June, if not then, definitely by the end of July.

_________________________
Hey, want some free reading? Check out the fiction freebie page on this very blog!
There you shall find links to two free ebooks on Smashwords and novel excerpts on Scribd.

Other places to find me:
http://www.LeaRyan.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LeaRyan1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?