Friday, May 20, 2011

remix project update

I FINALLY finished the 66 page edit that took way longer than I wanted it to. What a pain in my ass. I spent 2 1/2 weeks on that beotch.

But it's finished, and that's what matters. I have a better idea of where I am and how to get to where I want to be and that's always a good thing. The chore was definitely worthwhile.

So where are we? Hmmm...I extracted a few thousand unnecessary or wrong words, added some new hopefully necessary ones. I reeled in my wayward character and added a new one.

Oh, and there is illustration.

Remember the pencil sketch of the lizard lady? Here is the somewhat rough digital version. It will probably change before it reaches any sort of book cover, but this is what it looks like right now.

My original plan for the rest of the cover didn't work out as I'd hoped it would. I still really want to use this graphic; I just need to figure out how to go from kick ass graphic to viable book cover.

I considered just putting the graphic and the title against stark white. That would be awesome in the print edition but as an online thumbnail, it would be quite horrendous. Can we say floating head? Or I could blow up the head super huge and just lay the title over it.

Hmmmm...I'll work with it this weekend.

Word count update - 36063

I'm moseying toward the end. I'll get there sooner or later.

_________________________
Hey, want some free reading? Check out the fiction freebie page on this very blog!
There you shall find links to two free ebooks on Smashwords and novel excerpts on Scribd.

Other places to find me:
http://www.LeaRyan.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LeaRyan1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?