Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Drag (not Queen) Racing

The rain actually let up this weekend so we went to the NHRA drag race at Lucas Oil Raceway.

I haven’t been to a drag race in forever, and it was a lot of fun. The cars were extremely loud. The raceway wasn’t crowded at all, which was nice. The spectators were well-behaved, as were my children. The girl kept talking about wanting to drag race.

Here are pictures of rocket cars.

This is the part of the track at which the races start. The two cars in the picture are getting ready to race. That red thing that says Mac Tools is actually a walkway over the track. Functional but a little scary!



Below - packing up the car and the parachute thingy that helps stop the car at the end of the race.



Say, is that a rocket engine on your hood or are you just happy to see me?



I gave the website a bit of a makeover. You might want to check it out if you haven’t been on there in a while. It has a brand spanking new banner and some Facebook ‘like’ buttons on the books (please feel free to like them even if you haven’t read them yet. I won’t tell!). I gave the fiction freebies their own page and embedded the one and only book trailer I’ve made so far. Oh, wait, am I ruining the fun of exploration?

Here is a link.

http://www.LeaRyan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?