Wednesday, May 4, 2011

book working on a Wednesday

Editing! That's what I'm doing this week, well, not really like an edit-edit. I needed to step back and evaluate how the story is going. I'm probably a little over half finished with the rough draft.

I always dread that first time I read what I've written. I'm afraid it will be incoherent or just utter and complete crap. This one hasn't been bad so far. I think I'm finally getting to the point that I catch at least some of my annoying writing habits while working on the rough, which may cut down on the editing time as a whole.

I need to add one more character. I also need to increase the presence of another character. She started out as a major player in the story, then ran off for a few chapters that turned out longer than I anticipated they would be. I need to reel her back in a bit.

So, I'm busy. I haven't spent as much time on the new AnnaBeth cover as I would like to. My time is just in such short supply lately. I need about 3 hours more in the day to finish what I need to.

I'd better get to it.

Here is a link to some very strange and somehow awesome old photos.

Enjoy.

_________________________
Hey, want some free reading? Check out the fiction freebie page on this very blog!
There you shall find links to two free ebooks on Smashwords and novel excerpts on Scribd.

Other places to find me:
http://www.LeaRyan.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LeaRyan1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?