Tuesday, May 17, 2011

comic book movies are making me sad

I think I may be losing interest in comic book movies. I never thought I would say that. Maybe the ones coming out right now just don't interest me.

I mean, Thor? I don't read many comic books, but I'm familiar with a lot of the characters due to many hours of watching cartoons. Who the eff is Thor? Did my geek cred level just take a dive? Probably.

And that Green Lantern movie? I do know who Green Lantern but that movie looks dumb, despite the presence of the beautiful Ryan Reynolds.

The more of these movies that come out, the less value I see in them. I remember the summer that Tim Burton's Batman came out. Wow, that was a huge deal. Batman was everywhere and everything. The movie was amazing - dark and creepy. The sequels? They were alright.

I know, Superman movies came before that, but I was only like a year old when the first one released. I don't remember a whole lot of that particular time period. I did grow up watching them on VHS and sometimes on TV. I thought they were awesome.

Then we had Spiderman and the X-Men, the Hulk, Ironman. I liked all of those. I even thought Catwoman (Halle Berry) was alright. I'm pretty easy to please, generally.

Now they (they as in the studio man) just crank them out willy-nilly. They don't care what it is, just slap some CGI on that bitch and ship it on out.

Great. I sound like an OLD geek.

The movies are starting to feel cheap to me. Maybe there are too many of them? Is there a lack of innovation or sincerity?

I do know that I won't see Green Lantern. I might watch Thor on DVD. The same goes for X-Men First Class as long as the reviews aren't terrible. I don't plan to shell out any money for theater tickets for them. That's for sure.

_________________________
Hey, want some free reading? Check out the fiction freebie page on this very blog!
There you shall find links to two free ebooks on Smashwords and novel excerpts on Scribd.

Other places to find me:
http://www.LeaRyan.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LeaRyan1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?