Friday, May 13, 2011

frizzle fried day the 13th.

On Wednesday, I claimed I was taking a break. Here we are on Friday and there has been very little actual breaking. That's ok. This weekend, after I finish a few more editing pages, I will likely spend the rest of the weekend drawing. I'm looking forward to it.

I started reading By the Light of the Moon by Dean Koontz as part of my mental reset. He's a brilliant man but damn his sentences get long sometimes. I get to the end of one that looks like a paragraph and I'm like - wait, what was he talking about again?

I recently cleaned out our bookshelves and the Light of the Moon hard cover copy was just sitting there. I have no idea how long it was there or where it came from. I also found a graphic design business book that I bought and started reading last summer. My bookshelf ate it and then it vanished from my memory.

I had so many books that I didn't even know what I had. I couldn't see the forest through the dead trees.

Here's a pic of what we weeded out.




There are 44 books there.

Most of them are going to the Goodwill. I gave a couple of books to my daughter, some to my mom, and a few are going to the boss lady.

Now my shelves don't look so hoarderish. I love books but there comes a point where you have to decide what's worth keeping.

On a completely different subject, today I had this realization that if I had an ipad, I could draw on it. Actually, I knew that drawing on it was possible before. It was more like I realized how much FUN it would be to draw on an ipad. Right now, I sketch on paper, photograph or scan it in and then trace over my sketch in Fireworks.

Which is a fine system. But do you know how much more fun it would be to just draw directly on the screen? Like with a stylus?!? Holy cheez and weasels, that would be totally kick ass and less time consuming. It makes me feel sort of lame with all my mouse clicking and such.

I think I have a plan to get one. It involves cashing in some bank card points for a gift card and saving dollars for what may be an extended period of time. I wanted a Nook but the drawing on the tablet holds much appeal.

Anyway, I think I'm done rambling. Next week, I may have an illustration or two to share.

_________________________
Hey, want some free reading? Check out the fiction freebie page on this very blog!
There you shall find links to two free ebooks on Smashwords and novel excerpts on Scribd.

Other places to find me:
http://www.LeaRyan.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LeaRyan1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?