Tuesday, February 1, 2011

random updates

Ice storm! The wind against the house sounds like a screaming chimpanzee. We are so very lucky to have electricity right now! I hope the electricity trend continues. According to the news, there are tens of thousands of people in Indiana without power.

Here is a picture I took of the sheet of ice on my storm door on the back of the house. It was frozen shut this morning. The cracks are in the ice, not my door, thankfully.




I can’t see through the winder!!!

I wanted to go outside and snap some pics, but freezing rain fell pretty much the entire day. I didn’t want to risk damaging my camera.

Unrelated to the weather, I found something awesome a couple of days ago. I had one of these when I was a kid. It’s a talking robot named Alfie. They rereleased him with an updated look.

Mine looked like this.



I had completely forgotten about Alfie until I saw his updated version at the store. I had that little, white robot for a long time. He lasted for years!

In a final bit of awesomeness today, I am sharing a link to a website I cruise at times. It’s a book cover archive. I go there for inspiration and more often just to look at pretty pictures. I love the variety. There is so much you can do with a book cover.

http://bookcoverarchive.com/

That’s all I have for today.
_________________________
Hey, want some free reading? Check out the fiction freebie page on this very blog!
There you shall find a download of three short stories (free ebook) and links to my novel excerpts on Scribd.

Other places to find me:
http://www.LeaRyan.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LeaRyan1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?