Monday, February 7, 2011

argh and Machete

My husband accidentally donated our paper recycling with the goodwill stuff. I think there may have been old manuscript editing pages in there. Dude, seriously? Argh to the nth. I really hope no one attempts to read my rough draft writing or my chicken scratch changes with arrows and brackets and numbers. They will not be impressed.

Movie: Machete

Machete is a delightful story about an ex-federale who moves to the US illegally after his wife is murdered. He is hired to assassinate a senator who is very anti-immigration. A lot of action and double-crossing ensues.

The cast consists of many well-known actors - Robert DeNiro, Lindsay Lohan, Jessica Alba, Michelle Rodriguez, Steven Seagal, Cheech Marin and probably others I missed.

Machete himself is played by Danny Trejo, who has been in like a million movies. He works the action pretty well and makes a great grizzled and somewhat grouchy older man. There was at least one creepy part involving him and Jessica Alba. He’s like 60+. She is 30 or so. Ew.

This movie has Quentin Tarantino written all over it - the filming, the over-the-top level of gore in some parts. I didn't find him in the film credits on the IMDB but he had some level of involvment. His picture from one of the events was on the movie page!

This was a decent flick. I liked most of it, despite the heavy immigration political agenda. B+

_________________________
Hey, want some free reading? Check out the fiction freebie page on this very blog!
There you shall find a download of three short stories (free ebook) and links to my novel excerpts on Scribd.

Other places to find me:
http://www.LeaRyan.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LeaRyan1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?