Monday, February 14, 2011

movie and book working

Happy Valentines Day, weblings! I hope everyone was suffiently loved.

Monday is movie day (usually), so first, we movie.

I was really excited to see The Last Exorcism. I'm sorry to say that I was disappointed.

First, this documentary, bouncy camera filming has got to stop. I didn't know this movie was going to be like that. Watching movies with this kind of filming is like riding around on a drunk guy's shoulder and the drunk guy is on a boat. It is SO nauseating.

Second, the documentary stye film is lazy. I get it. They want the movie to look gritty and more realistic. All it does (aside from cause me to vomit) is encourage the writer or director or actors or whoever to insert mundane, barely relevant crap into the storyline. Do not love.

End rant.

The story is about a reverend in Louisiana who performs exorcisms and a documentary film crew follows him on his last one.

The plot was slow, but there were some good scary parts. The acting was okay. I give it a C-.

On to What the Dead Fear trailer talk.

I said on Friday, I thought it would be cool to have the trailer ready to go today. I also said that probably wouldn't happen.

Alas, the trailer is not ready.

Well, what the hell is taking so gosh darn long, you ask?

I shall tell you, my darlings. The book trailer has been round after round of work on it for a bit, deal with minor insecure feelings, learn something else, return to the trailer briefly to add another component. Lather, rinse, repeat.

It was the same with the drawings. I had originally planned to use just a couple. I ended up with six in all, counting the cover art at the very end of the trailer. And with at least two of those drawings, I went through a cycle similar to the one described in the previous paragraph.

The status of the trailer right now is thus - images and text are together and looking dandy. All I have left to do is apply some music and get the screen transitions going.

Here is one of the first images from the trailer. This is Juniper's face in profile. As you can probably tell, she is looking a little ghostly.



I should have the whole shebang ready to go by next weekend's release. Nothing like pushing it out to the last second right?

Like Clockwork and a Tangled Mind is now available in the Amazon Kindle store.

http://www.amazon.com/Like-Clockwork-Tangled-Mind-ebook/dp/B004NIFWIU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=books&qid=1297733044&sr=8-1

I apologize that it can't be free there like it is in other places, but their system won't let me do that.

_________________________
Hey, want some free reading? Check out the fiction freebie page on this very blog!
There you shall find a download of three short stories (free ebook) and links to my novel excerpts on Scribd.

Other places to find me:
http://www.LeaRyan.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LeaRyan1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?