Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Thaw

The Thaw is a Ghost House picture that stars Val Kilmer and a bunch of other people I didn't recognize. When I picked this movie up at the Blockbuster, I actually thought it was something else. I discovered later that the movie I was thinking of was Whiteout.

Anyway, so The Thaw is about a science team that finds a decaying wooly mammoth preserved in some ice. There are bugs inside and when they thaw and hatch, they eat people. yadda yadda.

While this plot may sound exciting, it is not, alas. The story moves glacially, as in slow. Get it? Ice? Glacially? ha ha.

Seriously, the movie is really slow. It plods along forever before anything exciting happens. It does eventually pick up the pace toward the end, where it subsequently becomes global warming preachy.

I would recommend skipping this one unless you are having trouble falling asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?