Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday blogging

Going back to work after a four day weekend is quite difficult. After four days of writing, shopping, playing Assassin's Creed, movies and brief time with children, going back to the grind is an exercise in why-the-hell-am-I-doing-this. But there we are.

I did a crazy amount of time editing over the weekend. The kids didn't get home until Sunday, so I had some significant quiet time. I worked on a book that I plan to release either the tail end of September or the very first part of October. It's about witches, so I'm trying to coincide the release with the time that even the normals are into creepy. I know talking about the second book before the first book is released is probably sort of weird? Untimely? Unbecoming? But that's where my mind is right now.

I don't think my editor is feeling my timeline because she's got other projects. However, I want to do a Halloween release and I don't want to hold the darn thing until 2011. I'm confident we will work something out.

Oh, and I received my first proof copy of She Who is Vengeance last week. I don't think I was excited about the first copy until I held it in my hand. It was a really, truly, actual book with my words on the pages. Very cool.

That book is due out in May. Info at the website, link at left.

I'm trying to put a post about Second Life together this week. We'll see how that goes.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?