Tuesday, October 13, 2009

the jester

soundtrack of the day - The Clash, London Calling

I finished The Jester by James Patterson today. It was an okay book. Writing was meh, as it often is with Patterson books. The action and pace of the story was good so that made up for the aforementioned meh writing.

The Jester is set in medieval times. It's about a man who leaves to fight in the Crusades and comes back to find that his wife and his infant son have been killed. He sets off to avenge their deaths and ends up leading a rebellion against some very naughty nobles. The death toll in the story was rather high. I guess that's the way it worked during medieval times. Lots of children in the story died. That kind of thing always upsets me. I know, sometimes it's integral to the story and I'm probably a big baby, blah, blah, blah. It's still a turn off for me. There was a plethora of dick jokes too though, which was nice.

Overall I give the thing a 7 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?