Tuesday, December 14, 2010

a Tuesday questionnaire

Today I’m doing something a little differently. On Inside the Actor’s Studio, an interviewer named James Lipton asks stars questions adapted from the Proust Questionnaire. There’s a link to more info about that at the end of this post.

I am borrowing his questions for this post and answering them for myself. Hopefully he won’t mind.

1. What is your favorite word?
I really like the word 'vermicular', mostly just because I like the way it sounds. It means wormlike. There just aren't enough times I can use it in everyday conversation.

2. What is your least favorite word?
Panties. Who came up with that crap - the heavy breathing stranger on the other side of the phone line?

3. What turns you on?
I love a good manly man. That metrosexual business is for the birds.

4. What turns you off?
Arrogance.

5. What sound or noise do you love?
I love the sound of ocean waves. I don't get to hear them often because I live quite a way inland.

6. What sound or noise do you hate?
People shouting and arguing. The world would be a more pleasant place if everyone would just shut the heck up once in a while.

7. What is your favorite curse word?
I love the F word, which I would much rather verbalize than type. It's so versatile. You can use it as just about any kind of word - noun, adjective, verb, maybe not so much an adverb. He skipped fuckily down the street. Um, no.

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
I would like to attempt some archaeology; although I'm not sure those sciencey types would let me play in the dirt with them.

9. What profession would you not like to do?
Nurse! Those men and women, God bless them for putting up with the germs and the personality quirks of the masses. They are saints. There is no way in hell I could ever enter that profession.

10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
That'll do, pig.

__________________________________

Wiki link to info about the Proust Questionnaire

Here’s a link to the Inside the Actor’s Studio show in case you want to see some people who are more famous than me answer the above questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?