Wednesday, December 1, 2010

novella project notes

It is SO FREAKING COLD outside! Aah! I do not love it. There was snow on the ground this morning when I left the house and traffic absolutely crawled. But I made it. That’s what counts, right?

Anyway.

The novella is off to Lady Editor tomorrow! That leaves me to work on cover art and the book trailer for the next month or so.

Book artwork always makes me a bit nervous. I always have an idea of what I want to do, but I have this fear that I won’t have the skills to execute to the level I want to.

This cover is going to be a sort of comic book style. If you’ve been reading the blog for a while, you may have read my earlier post about wanting to learn how to draw that way. Well I bought and read a book about drawing by Stan Lee and John Buscema. Who better to learn from than Stan Lee, right? He is the master of all that is comic book!

The cover art is going to be the base for the book trailer as well, so that makes it twice as important. I plan to do some animation-ish things with the art, fading in on the different parts.

I’ve also started writing a script, which is strange for me. I’ve never written a script before.

So that’s what’s going on with the novella. This weekend’s major project is the beginning of the cover art. It’s going to take a while.
That’s all I have for now.

_________________________
Other places to find me:
http://www.LeaRyan.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LeaRyan1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?