Monday, August 16, 2010

the writing closet

Lately, I've been trying to get over my insecurities with this whole writing thing. I know, someone publishing their second book probably shouldn't have much insecurity left. Well I do.

There are a lot of people I know who don't know that I write. I didn't tell them. Why? Mostly because I still hang on to this fear that I suck. I don't think my writing sucks, but other people might.

The business girl part of me is wondering what the heck is wrong with the timid writer part of me. This shyness is counterproductive to the goal of selling books. This is why having someone else handle the business portion of the business is good. Too bad there's also a control freak in the mix.

With the release of MacDowell Sisters & AnnaBeth, I'm creeping a bit further out of the writing closet. I'm going to actually tell some additional people (not everyone) about the book. There will probably follow-up questions but I think I can handle them.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, if you don't believe in yourself, no one else will. Eliminate the whining and insecurities and get on with your writing, your publishing, your art work, etc. Life is short -- enjoy yourself and celebrate your talents. Now go on and get busy.

    ReplyDelete

Two Cents?