Tuesday, August 10, 2010

life shakeups

Lately, I've been thinking about how my life has consisted of the same activities for some time. I am very much a girl with a routine. I've been trying to figure out how I could change things up a bit so I don't die of boredom.

Then change found me.

My tortoise that I had for 13 years died. He was an old boy but energetic and fun. I'll miss him.

I lost contact with my only friend who is a gamer. Now I have have absolutely no one to talk about video games with, which makes me really sad. I have zero geek friends. Can you take out a personal ad for that? Married female seeking friends who gravitate toward video games, scifi, and/or movies? I know I can hit message boards but it's not the same.

I did go out to a bar on Saturday night for a while, so that was fun. I have a friend who apparently gets paid to sit and eat taco salads and drink beer and "make sure everyone is doing what they're supposed to be doing". She is a bar babysitter. And she gets paid for it. How do you even get a job like that? And after you get the job, how do you avoid gaining 300 pounds?!?!

The out of the ordinary things haven't all been great necessarily. I guess I asked for it though. I continue to look for ways to shake things up, preferably ways that do not entail death. This weekend, if the heat isn't too intense, I'm thinking of taking the children to the new sculpture park and maybe somewhere else fun.

As for book working, I'm putting the final touches on MacDowell Sisters & AnnaBeth. I'm looking for someone to review it. The optimal siuation would be to have a review ready when the novel is released. If anybody knows anybody that can hook up the underdog indie author, that would be the dandiest thing of all. Seriously, a journalist type, a blogger, pretty much anybody with some place they write things that other people read would be great.
Lea-ryan@hotmail.com

I plan to start reading Disaster at Minotaur Meats (from Smashwords) probably the day after tomorrow, or maybe the day after that, depending on how fast I finish working on my book. So don't forget to download it and give it a read if you're interested in commenting. Anyone except for those weird dating service message board spammers is welcome.

_________________________
Other places to find me:
http://www.LeaRyan.com/
Babylon Dragon on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Babylon-Dragon-Lea-Ryan/dp/1453683054/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_2

Twitter: http://twitter.com/LeaRyan1


That's all I have for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?