Monday, August 30, 2010

illustration

I am really tired all of a sudden. I have no idea where it came from, but fatigue just ran up and smacked me.

I received my proof copy of MacDowell Sisters & AnnaBeth today and so far, the book design looks flawless. Everything is centered up on the cover. The illustration on the table of contents page came out crystal clear, nothing is cut off. Ooh la la, I think the book is ready to go! I am very happy. I might post a camera phone picture of it later this week. I'm just too frickin' tired and lazy to do it right now.


However, I am not too lazy to post a rough sketch for another illustration. This is a fountain that is located in AnnaBeth's back yard/garden. I've noticed lately that there is something vaguely Asian about my drawing style. I'm not sure when or how I made that transition.


I'm not entirely happy with the bottom part of the fountain, so I may change it significantly between rough and finished digital illustration.
I keep trying to figure out how many sketches there will be in the finished special edition.
I'm still not sure exactly.
I will probably just keep doing sketches until I run out of time or ideas, whichever comes first.
I uploaded my first free eshort on Smashwords yesterday. As of a few minutes ago, a little less than 24 hours after I first posted it, there were 62 downloads and counting! Awesome! If only selling books were that easy. It's not, in case you were wondering, not for me anyway. : )
Need that link again? Here it is! http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/22933
Ok, I'm disgusted with talking about myself, so I'm out. I have a fountain to draw.
Tomorrow - thoughts on Kick Ass, I haz sum.
_________________________
Other places to find me:
http://www.LeaRyan.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LeaRyan1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?