Monday, July 2, 2012

movie: The Three Musketeers

I had a dentist appointment today. It went ok, however, when I got home, I proceeded to bite some giant holes in the inside of my numb cheek exactly like he told me not to do. I was actually pulling pieces of my cheek out of my mouth. It was pretty gross.

Anywayz, movie!

This weekend, we watched The Three Musketeers (2011). Here is the description from IMDB:
“The hot-headed young D'Artagnan along with three former legendary but now down on their luck Musketeers must unite and defeat a beautiful double agent and her villainous employer from seizing the French throne and engulfing Europe in war.”

First, I LOVE the name “D’Artagnan”, pronounced like Dar-tan-yan. It’s quite heroic sounding, yes?

The movie has some great action scenes, swordplay, air ship battles. It was reminiscent of movies like Pirates of the Caribbean and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

I really liked the king and queen characters. Painting royalty as spoiled D-bags is too easy, I think. Too cliché. The king and queen in Three Musketeers were funny and sweet.

Another notable character was “Milady”, the aforementioned double agent, played by Milla Jovovich. She was awesomely bad.

Actually, all of the characters were good. This movie was great. I would be happy to see a sequel. Three Musketeers gets an A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?