Monday, July 9, 2012

movie: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance


I ventured outside for physical activity. It was the first time I’ve been able to do that in a while due to excessive heat. I thought it was going to be miserable because I was hot within like ten seconds of being out there. However, once I got moving on the bike, it wasn’t bad at all.

We watched Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance this weekend.

Here’s the description from IMDB: “As Johnny Blaze hides out in Eastern Europe, he is called upon to stop the devil, who is trying to take human form.”

I liked the first Ghost Rider movie from 2007. I hadn’t read the comic book but I liked the story.

The sequel wasn’t as good. The directing made it weirder and cheesy. I could tell while we were watching it that it wasn’t directed by the same guy that did the first movie. A lot of the movie, character mannerisms and such, felt forced.

The three primary characters were pretty well developed. The special effects were top notch – plenty of fire and explosions. The fighting was well-choreographed, but a bit one sided. Ghost rider could kill people by whipping them with a chain and most of them were ordinary humans, so…not much of a fight there.

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance was entertaining but not all I hope it would be. C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?