Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Dark Crystal

I’m watching The Dark Crystal with my son. It’s probably one of my top three favorite movies from my childhood. He was confused when we first started watching it, I think because it isn’t animation and is almost too cool looking to be real.

He asked me if it was 3D. I had to explain that the puppets and the costumes were “real” as opposed to cgi and all the stuff they use now. The level of detail is just amazing – the environment, the creatures.

I think it’s really sad that no one has really followed in Jim Henson’s footsteps since he died. Sometimes I wonder what other pieces of genius we missed out on as a result of his death. He was a brilliant, brilliant man.

If you haven’t seen The Dark Crystal, I recommend it. I’m seriously considering ordering a blu-ray copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?