Thursday, April 28, 2011

woe is my playstation

Ah yes, you may have read about the playstation network being down. Mine is down too, dear friends. Luckily I didn't have any credit card info on there.

I have to say that I'm a little disappointed with the way Sony handled the customer communication on this one. Basically, the network went down last wednesday (I discovered the outage on friday) and there was zero communication from Sony until yesterday when they came out with a public announcement.

We didn't know why it wasn't working, if it would ever work again, if the entire Sony organization fell off the side of the earth. Maybe they thought they would have the issue fixed sooner; I don't know, but they should have said something, anything, offered a timelier apology. Their silence shows a lack of consideration for their customers, I think, especially the people who pay for the upgraded playstation network services.

A company as big as Sony should have a better damage control plan. Did they not think this could happen?

As it stands right now, we can sometimes pull up the browser and Pandora radio. Netflix works with some fiddling. Online gaming was just plain dead last time I checked. When will we be completely back online? No one seems to know.

Will I trade my ps3 for an xbox because of this? No, but I will think twice before paying for content on the network.

Next up is an interesting link that has nothing to do with the rest of this post. Apparently, people really took the movie KickAss seriously. They actually dress up and run around fighting crime. Personally, I wouldn’t do it, but if they can make the world a better place without getting maimed or dead, then more power to them. I would like to meet one of these people some time.

http://www.reallifesuperheroes.org/

_________________________
Hey, want some free reading? Check out the fiction freebie page on this very blog!
There you shall find links to two free ebooks on Smashwords and novel excerpts on Scribd.

Other places to find me:
http://www.LeaRyan.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LeaRyan1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?