Wednesday, March 16, 2011

on a wednesday

The weather is so amazing right now! The outside temperature is a wondrous 55 degrees. I had GRILLED chicken for dinner! Grilled!!!

I took this awesome picture of the moon because it was up at the same time as the sun.




I know, I know, this is the second picture of the moon I’ve posted in the last month or so. Give me a break. I’ve never had a zoom lens this bangin’ before. I’m kind of excited about it. I like how the moon looks almost transparent against the blue sky.


I’m still working on the remix project, of course. The book is getting to the point where it’s starting to take on a life of its own. I love it when the writing does that. The only problem is that I’m itching to go back and paint another layer over the part of the rough draft that I already finished.

I’m also thinking of cutting part of the beginning. People in the publishing industry and writers in general really seem to hate prologues. They say that most prologues aren’t needed and a lot of the time, they have nothing to do with the actual story.

Back in the days before I wrote anything, I read some books with prologues. As a reader, I never thought of them as being unprofessional. I just read them as a component of the novel.

Right now, I have a short prologue. It has a lot to do with the story, but mostly just the first couple of chapters. I keep thinking about cutting it. I don’t want to cut it because I feel like other people say I should, but I also don’t want to refrain from making a change that improves the story. I’m leaning toward cutting.
_________________________
Hey, want some free reading? Check out the fiction freebie page on this very blog!
There you shall find links to two free ebooks on Smashwords and novel excerpts on Scribd.
Other places to find me:
http://www.LeaRyan.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LeaRyan1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?