Tuesday, November 10, 2009

teenyboppers in Zombieland

Soundtrack of the day – Black Eyed Peas, The E.N.D

I saw Zombieland over the weekend. It was really funny! I do have to say that Shaun of the Dead was funnier though.

When we first arrived, I was treated to a sight I haven’t seen in a while – teenagers under 17 trying to get into an R rated movie. Ah, the memories. I remember trying to get in to the theater to see Falling Down and the beotch at the counter wouldn’t let me or my boyfriend in.

Anyway, back to the present, there were four of these kids trying to get into the movie. One of them was 17 and he offered to show his ID and buy the tickets. By then the crotchety, old man in the ticket window was onto them and informed the kids that they would each have to show ID. See if they were smart, they would have sent that kid up by himself while they waited somewhere out of sight. He brings the four tickets back and bam, no hassle. They did not think ahead.

So while we were buying our tickets, they regrouped in the lobby area. I could tell by their hushed conversation and nervous glances into the interior of the theater that they were trying to figure out a way in.

We got our snacks and found some seats in the theater. About ten minutes later, the first teenager from the group walked in. The other three followed. Did I report them? Oh no. That would make me a hypocrite. I snuck into more than one movie when I was a teenager.

The content in the movie was barely bad enough to warranty an R rating anyway. There was some cursing and some zombie violence. Kids these days have seen and heard worse by the time they hit 15 or 16 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?