Tuesday, November 24, 2009

netfix on PS3

Netflix for PS3 is my new favorite distraction.

I was surprised when I first logged on to the system. I guess I expected to see anything and everything. There were very few of what I would call new releases, plenty of recent movies but not NEW movies. The variety is pretty good. There were even some movies that I remember watching as a kid: The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Clash of the Titans, Conan the Barbarian. I saw some TV shows on the list too: The A-Team, The Addams Family, I think Weeds was on there, the original Star Trek.

The convenience of the system is great. It's like having a video rental store in my living room. The only thing I don't like is the lack of new releases. Maybe they restrict the new releases to DVD because they think the system could be used for bootlegging.

I can get the DVDs in the mail too. Not bad for $8 a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?