Wednesday, October 20, 2010

birthday and other ramblings

My birthday is this weekend! Woooooo!

I await saturday with all the patience and restraint of a six year old.

I got early birthday gifts last weekend - a jacket and a pair of shoes that I've been stalking for like a year. Glorious times.

I have already made demands of my husband for this weekend which include (but are not limited to) a steak dinner with corn, potatoes and Hawaiian rolls. Dessert will likely be cheesecake, but I haven't decided all of the way yet.

And my mimaw is going to buy me a fried chicken lunch! Wheeeeeeeee!!! I truly love fried chicken. It's salty and greasy and kind of crunchy - all at the same time.

And my baby boy has some grand scheme he plans to execute. He has expressed a desire for me to get up super early on birthday morning. The scheme is not contingent on my early rising. He just really wants me to be awake when he's awake. We'll see how that goes.

As for the girl? She's a teenager. I don't think she has any grand mom birthday schemes. I do expect to at least receive a hug and positive birthday wishes.

Whiplash subject change. I don't think I'm doing an October indie review. I have too much reading to do right now. I'm reading Private by James Patterson and then, if all goes according to plan, American Gods by Neil Gaiman.

I poked around for an indie title but didn't see anything that struck my fancy. If anyone has a suggestion for a November indie title, please hit me up via e-mail, include synopsis.

LeaRyan@LeaRyan.com

Oh yeah, one more thing. I am going to start sending out release dates for novels and short stories to people who wish to receive them via e-mail. If you would like to receive such updates, please send a blank e-mail with the word 'subscribe' in the subject line to the e-mail address listed above. I promise not to bombard anyone. I really don't write all that quickly.

Tomorrow - illustration plus, um, some words about something. Probably.

___________________
Other places to find me
http://twitter.com/learyan1
www.learyan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?