Tuesday, June 1, 2010

lulu headache, plus illustration

I have a love/slight dislike relationship with my POD printer, lulu. For the most part lulu is user friendly, but there are other times...to the moon, Alice.

I spent some time in the last few days, trying to add the ISBN to my book. I first uploaded the files to lulu as a private draft. I then made eight or nine revisions for various reasons, two of them being that I am indecisive and generally picky with myself, another one being that I excel at screwing things up.

I am finally ready to assign the ISBN, as it is registered on bowker. I spent a fair amount of time searching help articles and message boards trying to figure out how to add the damn number to my book. Finally, late last night, after finding every bit of information I didn't need, I found the one I did.

As far as I can tell, you have to register the ISBN when you first create the project. I'm 99% sure that it can't be done otherwise.

So, I must create a new project, which isn't a huge deal, but sort of a pain. I need my ISBN registration info, which lady pubisher has to send me.

Then I have to update every link to the book I posted on various websites. Most of that last part is finished, I think. I just replaced my book link with my lulu storefront link. Hopefully I got all of them.

Does anyone else's head hurt?

Any links to the current print version of She Who is Vengeance will die a quick death within the next couple of days.

Also, I want to sincerely thank anyone who has bought the book and/or mentioned my book to other people or linked me or whatever else I might have missed. If I could clone an army of you, I would hit the best seller list in around ten minutes.

Also today, we have an illustration from the weekend. Prints are available in my zazzle gallery, hopefully, if my categories are fixed now.




_____________________________
Other places to find me:
http://www.learyan.com/
Twitter: @LeaRyan1
Lulu storefront, which lists my debut novel She Who is Vengeance -
http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=4584399

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?