Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lost Finale Thoughts and Feelings

Yes, yes, I know I'm late with my two cents. I just finished watching the Lost finale on the DV-R last night. The thing was on past my bedtime.

Anyway, I was a little disappointed, not devastated, but I thought the writers could have done more with the end. I've watched Lost from the very beginning. I love that show. I can't really say what I expected, but I know that wasn't it.

I take issue with the unresolved. For instance, Kate was on the run from various law men throughout the series. At the end of the series, she's flying back to that world. I think I would rather take my chances on a sinking island than go to prison.

And what ever happened to Walt? Remember the black kid from the first couple of seasons? He was supposedly special or meant for something great. Then he left and when he visited, he never really did anything spectacular. Apparently he wasn't that special, after all.

I know there are people out there who think Lost can do no wrong. Judging by some of those verizon text message thingies they showed at the beginning of the finale, the Lost show was the absolute center of the universe. But, the writers could have done better.

I thought the finale really lacked fireworks. It felt like the writers just got tired of writing and then stopped.

Ah well. Such is life. Good tv show. We move on.

_____________

Other places to find me:
www.LeaRyan.com
Twitter: @LeaRyan1

Also be sure to check out the free e-book download of Part One of She Who is Vengeance at www.LeaRyan.com. The full print version of the novel goes on sale May 28th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?