Monday, September 28, 2009

tea time

on the mp3 player - Estelle, Shine

This weekend was interesting. On Saturday, I photographed a tea/fashion show at my mother's church. Now there's something I never thought I would do. She volunteered me and my moderately lame 8 megapixel Canon PowerShot. In return, I received free lunch. Always a plus! I have never photographed an event for other people before. It was really nerve wracking. I kept worrying about the pictures coming out blurry, so I used the automatic settings on the camera. I got to use the tripod I bought last winter, so that was cool.
It was mostly adorable little old ladies and little old lady clothes. They cracked me up. One of the older ladies at my table was singing the words with the piano music. It was also funny when they were oohing and ahhing the jackets. The fact that one of them was reversible seemed to be a big selling point. I had more fun with it than I thought I would. Here is a picture of one of the table settings. Fancy, right?








On book working news, I ditched the cover design that I've been working on part time for about three weeks. It looks good but as a thumbnail on Amazon or other book sale sites, it's not going to work. There's just too much detail. It was about 15-20 hours of work to get this far, so it kinda sux to head back to the drawing board. However, I did learn a lot in Fireworks so it wasn't a complete loss. You live, you learn, you move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?