Tuesday, August 7, 2012

goodwill oddities

The husband and I went to Goodwill last Friday night. I kept finding weird things, so I took some pictures to share with you all.

First, let me say that I love Goodwill. I purchased a sweater during this trip. So although I make a little bit of fun, it's not because I have disdain for them. They're a wonderful organization. Moving on.

Our first guest is the most beautiful sweater in all the land. Nuff said. also, this was not the sweater I bought.



This next picture is of a large sculpture or statue or whatever of an angel with Jesus. The strangest
part of this was the coloring. The angel was mostly pink. She even had pink circles on her cheeks, like a girly clown. And Jesus, sweet, odd Jesus. He is a blond haired, blue-eyed surfer looking guy, you know, because everyone in his region of the world looked like they just rode in off a wave. 

Another thing that struck me as strange about this was the awkward positioning of the angel's wings. Is it just me, or do they look like they might be upside down?

I actually had a wonderful idea for this statue that made me consider buying it. My mother has a library in her house. I thought it would be funny to sneak this giant, colorful thing in and just leave it in the library without saying anything to her about it. Then, she would walk in and find it and be all like what the heck is that?


So after I got a good dose of angel weirdness, I started noticing the other angels on the shelves. There was a freakish number of them. They were everywhere! looking at me. Below is a picture of a couple square feet of shelf space. I have labeled the angels for your convenience.

Seven. And the bottom right one has NO FACE! What is it about angels that makes them so easy to discard? hmmm....


Last but certainly not least, we have ART! Shove my disconnected ideas in your face and mush them all around because this is ART, baby. I have also labeled the image for your convenience. I hope that you can read at least most of them. There's a lot going on here. We have two instances of Jesus, an angry dog, a happy couple, the same happy couple pasted in a different spot, some school children, a girl with an odd haircut and no shirt who appears to be singing? oh, and that middle eastern man down there. He might be somehow related to the Jesus image. Maybe he's running a message from Left Jesus to Right Jesus. And there's a girl who appears to have fallen asleep in class and the giant child eye. What ISN'T in this picture? holy crap

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?