Tuesday, June 5, 2012

movie: The Woman in Black

Sorry for the lateness. I usually post about the movies on Monday. I had stuff to do, like attend the boy’s little league baseball game.
We watched The Woman in Black, which stars Daniel Radcliffe of Harry Potter fame. Seeing him so grown up is just weird. Wasn’t he ten years old like five seconds ago? He’s actually 23, in case you were wondering.
Here’s a quick description of The Woman in Black from IMDB: “A young lawyer travels to a remote village where he discovers the vengeful ghost of a scorned woman is terrorizing the locals.”
It’s probably a tired premise, but that didn’t stop me from totally loving this movie. The Woman in Black is fantastically creepy with interesting characters and a deliciously dreary gothic sort of setting. The ghost was scary. The house in which most of the haunting occurred could possibly be the creepiest house ever.
The Woman in Black was the best horror movie I’ve seen in a while. I’m not going to go into too much detail because I don’t want to insert any spoilers. However, I will say that there was nothing about the movie I didn’t like.
The Woman in Black gets a big fat A.
Also, the movie was based on a 1983 novel by Susan Hill.

2 comments:

  1. I heard about the book, I want to read it. I just ordered The Woman in Black the other day off Blockbuster @Home in Blu-ray which didn't even cost me extra. A few co-workers at Dish told me that this movie is really scary and it make you jump! I can't wait to get this movie in the mail, it should arrive pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about the book, I want to read it. I just ordered The Woman in Black the other day off Blockbuster @Home in Blu-ray which didn't even cost me extra. A few of my co-workers at Dish told me that this movie is really scary and it make you jump! I can't wait to get this movie in the mail, it should arrive pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete

Two Cents?