Monday, May 21, 2012

movie: Underworld: Awakening

I know today is a movie post, but I’m including a very short book working update. I finished the rough draft for Pestilence! AAAAA!! I’m super excited. I seriously almost cried like three times while writing the last scene. The current word count is 76571.

On to the movie. This weekend we watched Underworld: Awakening.

Description from IMDB: “When human forces discover the existence of the Vampire and Lycan clans, a war to eradicate both species commences. The vampire warrioress Selene leads the battle against humankind.”

I…did not love this movie. It breaks my heart because I loved the original Underworld movie. Kate Bekinsale is awesome. She has wicked movie fighting skills, and I really dug the whole dark vibe.

This movie has a ton of action. Fight scenes were well choreographed. The CGI sucked in a couple of spots, most noticeably near the beginning of the movie during a couple of werewolf altercations. It looked very dated and lame.

The biggest problem I had was the lack of story. There was a story, yes. However, about 90% of the movie consisted of fight scenes. I would have like to have seen more story and less fighting. That would have improved the movie.
The dark vibe remains. They added a new, pretty man vampire and a scary little girl to the mix. Kate Bekinsale is still awesome. This installment wasn’t great, but it wouldn’t stop me from wanting to see the next one if they make one. Underworld Awakening gets a C-.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?