Tuesday, May 8, 2012

movie: Columbiana

Oy vey. I am so tired, and it’s only Tuesday! What is up with that? I’m going to have some trouble round about Thursday. My ass will be dragging, for real.

Anyway, movie. I know it’s late, but these things happen.

Columbiana
IMDb: A young woman, after witnessing her parents' murder as a child in Bogota, grows up to be a stone-cold assassin.”

This movie should have been called – “look how freakishly skinny Zoe Saldana is” because, wow. She is a slim one, and there seems to be a lot of focus on that with her costuming and her gymnastics. And I hope I don't sound like a hater because I really don't mind her thinness. I guess in this case it's almost like fascination, with the director and apparently me. That girl must only eat every other never.

Aside from that strangeness, the movie was meh. Saldana is a decent actress, but the script was pretty predictable. There were few moments that made this movie stand out from other revenge flicks, but not many. The fight and chase scenes were well-choreographed.

Columbiana gets a C.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?