Thursday, May 17, 2012

a brightly colored bug and other fun

Whattup, internets! Just checking in for a few minutes. I’m still had at work on the manuscript. I’m at 70,000 words with about two chapters remaining.
Check this out. I spotted this guy (girl?) on the garage floor yesterday morning. It’s a yellow mayfly. I see mayflies around here often, but they’re usually silver and black, very dull. Not this guy. He’s all like heeeeyyyyy…


Actually he wasn’t like heeyyyy…I was concerned for his safety so I nudged his wing to get him to fly away. He did not fly away. I don’t think he was feeling very well. I did not see any brightly-colored insect mush when I returned from work, though, so I guess he went somewhere.
I was reading about this sculptor named Maurizio Cattelan. One of his magnificent creations is a giant middle finger in Italy. Where is it located? Why, right in front of their stock exchange, of course! The sculpture is called L.O.V.E.
I did a Google image search of his name, and a bunch of amazing sculptures came up. One looks like a horse hanging with its head through a wall. Others use creepy realistic human figures or other animals. His work has a very eerie quality.  I’m not going to violate anyone’s copyright today by posting pictures, mostly because I have a manuscript I should be working on. Check out his stuff, though. Seriously cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?