Monday, April 16, 2012

movie: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)

This is a quick one because I have stuff to do.

Description from IMDB: “Journalist Mikael Blomkvist is aided in his search for a woman who has been missing for forty years by Lisbeth Salander, a young computer hacker.”
The opening credit sequence was intense. It reminded me a lot of a Tool video, just these crazy images of people and tires and black flowing substances, wicked cool.
The pacing of the story was a little slow at first, but it picked up. The violence was gruesome in parts.
The movie had a lot of quiet tension, some nice action. The scenery was desolate. Lisbeth’s makeup, hair, and wardrobe were all very dark. She’s like the ultimate goth-punk. Loved it.
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo gets an A-

2 comments:

  1. I thought the opening credit sequence was very creative, as was the remainder of the film. The cast was picked with a magical perfection. I saw this film in my hotel room, on a business trip for Dish; I remember I was laying down at the beginning. However, at some point I moved to the edge of the bed. My passion for movies, keeps me going during my frequent trips; I simply will not give up my habit. I decided to subscribe to Blockbuster @Home, which gave me the ability to watch this awesome movie, streaming to my laptop. Nothing is better than relaxing to a movie after work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. ver dragon ball super

    ReplyDelete

Two Cents?