Monday, April 23, 2012

movie: Easy A

Easy A stars Emma Stone as Olive. She wants to impress her friend, so she lies about losing her virginity. The gossip spreads and takes on a life of its own. Before long, she is taking gift cards from boys so they can say they did things with her that didn't actually happen. Relationships suffer, yadda yadda.

This movie is pretty funny. It's geared toward a young adult audience, so it's kind of cutesy. The two best characters are probably her parents as played by Stanley Tucci and Patricia Clarkson. Their banter with each other and their kids is pretty hilarious. Amanda Bynes plays a self-righteous snobby girl also very funny.

I found the fictional school's lax dress code kind of interesting. Olive is flouncing around in bustiers-as-shirts for like 90% of the movie and the faculty seems ok with that. Thatwould not happen in the Midwest.

So, bottom line? Not genius, but entertaining. There is a minor romantic chick flick vibe, but its not too obnoxious. Easy A gets a B-.

Guess what! I just noticed that tomorrow is going to be my 500th post! Crazy, right?

edit: tomorrow is not actually the 500th post. awwww...the counter thingy was counting drafts that I never published. I'm only on like 495 or something like that.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the post! I thought this movie was hilarious and I know, right! what was with the dress code? haha. My favorite was olive's parents! Anywho, I found your site through the making connections group on goodreads and now your newest follower! Hope you'll check out my blog as well!!
    -Amanda
    http://shmandarinorange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Two Cents?