Tuesday, January 10, 2012

book working and other stuff

Tuesday. it's like riding a bike with nails in the tires.

What is going on? Anything exciting?

I'm working on another read-thru on Devil (AnnaBeth 2). This time around is exponentially smoother than the last time. Today was day 6 and I'm almost done. That previous edit that was so tortuous was well worth the trouble. I'm actually enjoying it now, which is a good sign.

Other projects. I work on Llewyn's Faith a bit each day. It's going to round out to long short story length, if that makes sense. I think it's between 8 and 9000 words, and I have a couple of scenes left.

I'm also reading The Success Principles by Jack Canfield and Janet Switzer. An author whose blog I read on a semi-regular basis recommended it. I like it so far. There's a lot of positive thinking stuff. I need that, being the die-hard pessimist/cynic that I am.

One of my favorite parts in the book was about reverse paranoia. Operate as if everyone is part of a plot to help you succeed; that was the advice. I thought that was kind of funny.

I'm posting less on Journey Reader. I decided while on holiday hiatus that I need to spend more time promoting my own books on other blogs. I like what I do there, but it's really time consuming. I'm still taking interviews and stuff though, so there will be posts, just not 4 days a week like I was trying to do before.

What else? Ah yes. I have been ungrateful, not intentionally, but ungrateful nonetheless and it's gnawing away at my innards. In my rundown of last year’s events, I forgot to thank my readers.

If you downloaded or purchased or even read one of my books, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Reading books takes time. I hope mine were worth the minutes and/or hours you devoted. And even if you only read the blog, that's okay too because I'd like to think I'm not randomly tossing out words that just float around in cyberspace with no one to read them. Lonely words are sad words.

I would write even if no one read my work, however doing so would not be as much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?