Thursday, January 12, 2012

author vs writer

I read a post on another writer's blog yesterday about the difference between being a writer and an author. He started out with a bit of a, hmmmm, shall we say a 'superior' tone? but by the end of the post, I knew what he meant and I agreed.

He broke it down like this (my paraphrasing) - an author is someone who writes a book and focuses more on promotion than the next project. A writer is someone who is already immersed in the next project. They focus more on the writing activity than the advertising push.

Guess which class I'm in, or at least the class I think I'm in.

I do some extra things with the books like the trailers and the illustrations, etc, but the actual act of putting it out there for audiences to find, not my forte.

I would really like to write novels full time. I probably won't get there by ignoring my lack of promotional efforts.

So here's my plan. I'm going to finish up my edit on AnnaBeth 2, finish writing Llewyn's Faith, which I swear is thisclose to being done, and then I'm going into author mode for the next month or two. I have to. It's the only way for me to get what I want out of this next release.

Lair of the White Wyrm will be out 2/21.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?