Saturday, September 3, 2011

I heart True Blood

Ok. I've been really resistant to the whole vampire culture thing. I think the Twilight craze and general vampire pop culture overkill (I make no excuses for puns) really turned me off of anything vampire related, which sucks (still not sorry) because I love Anne Rice and various other vampire related books and movies. Underworld, Blade, you probably get the picture.

Anyway, so I first heard about True Blood, I rolled my eyes and went on my merry way. I caught a few minutes of it on TV by accident a couple of times, saw fangs and changed the channel.

The husband and I recently decided to give it a shot because we're kind of out of shows right now. I have to say that I love it. A lot.

I really like the characters. They're varied enough to make things interesting. Plus they're Southern, the sexy, intelligent kind of Southern. I like most of them so much that sometimes I get a little jealous that I didn't come up with them. We're only on season 1 (DVDs from the library) but I'm sure we'll get caught up soon.

_________________________
Hey, want some free reading? Check out the fiction freebie page on this very blog!
There you shall find links to two free ebooks on Smashwords and novel excerpts on Scribd.

Other places to find me:
http://www.LeaRyan.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LeaRyan1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?