Thursday, September 1, 2011

book working updates

Summer is almost over already! I can feel autumn in the air and I LOVE it. Fall is great – the cooler weather, the smell of burning leaves, the food, Halloween!, my birthday.

However, there is sadness. I don’t think I’m going to get any books out this year. I just work too slowly, and I don't want to pick up the pace because doing so pretty much guarantees that I will screw something up.

I was hoping to get AnnaBeth2 out in the fall but September begins tomorrow and I don't even have the rough draft finished. If I were to have it ready in fall, I would probably need to be editing by now.

I am disappointed. I like to release things. It gives me joy.

Lack of writing time is really a huge obstacle for me. I know I've said that before. If I can ever work this gig full time, I'm going to crank 'em out like James Patterson.

Ok, maybe not THAT fast because I don't have a staff, but sure as heck faster than I can now.

But on the bright side, next year should be really exciting - probably at least two books in the first few months and at least one more novella, maybe two if I can get Juniper2 going.

I may check in with a traditional publisher or two for the remix project. You know, throw out a line, see if anyone bites. Some portion of that novel will likely appear on authonomy within the next 3-4 months, so anyone who is interested and has an authonomy account could grab a sneaky peek there. I will announce when/if it appears on that particular website.

AnnaBeth2 word count update: 46919

_________________________
Hey, want some free reading? Check out the fiction freebie page on this very blog!
There you shall find links to two free ebooks on Smashwords and novel excerpts on Scribd.

Other places to find me:
http://www.LeaRyan.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LeaRyan1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?