Thursday, February 4, 2010

what freaks me out the most

Do you know what freaks me out the most about watching CSI? I really hate it when they peel back faces. [shiver]

The autopsy guy or lady, whoever, whichever CSI, usually does it to get to the brain. Ugh, it is the most disgusting thing. I can handle the rest -gut pieces picked out one at a time, blood, bone, puhlease. But there is something about the peeling of the face that freaks me the funk out. I have no idea why this is.

If I had to make a guess, I would say that it's probably because the face is really 90% of the person. I don't mean that as a physical measurement. What I mean is, most of our interaction with other people is with their faces. The face often tells us how people feel, what they're thinking. The stripping of the face is, in a way, the stripping of their humanity.

Plus it's really gross. I cringe and squeal like a little girl. I really wish they would stop doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?