Tuesday, February 28, 2012

my little brother is awesome

Before we talk about how awesome my little brother is, I want to announce that MacDowell Sisters and AnnaBeth is officially out of print. That was the first edition of Destined for Darkness with a different title and cover, etc. If you didn't get it yet, I guess you're out of luck. lol.

I do plan to put Destined for Darkness into print in the next month or two. More on that later.

One more: The limited print edition of Lair of the White Wyrm should be up on Lulu until about the end of March, then that version of the book will also be out of print.

Why is my little brother awesome? I haven't seen him since last year. We don't live that far apart, but his work keeps him busy. That’s not why he’s awesome. When dropping off an older computer for him (he enjoys tinkering), I picked up Christmas gifts from him and the Mrs.

He previously told me that he got me Uncharted 3. I've only played the first one, but I loved it. Uncharted is a lot like Indiana Jones and Tomb Raider.

So I pick up the gifts and the game is in a big box. It's the friggin' collector edition. Over the course of my decades of gaming and geeking, I have had exactly zero collector edition games. It is so cool. Let us look upon it with awe and wonder.



This is the case. I have it sitting on top of my movie shelf. It's pretty big, but it's also very pretty, so I have no problem displaying it.


Here we have the inside of the case. The thing on the left is the actual game case. It's made of tin. On the right, we have a statue of Nate. I left him in the plastic. In the middle are two drawers.
Drawer number 1 has a reproduction of Nate's ring on a necklace. The inscription on the outside says "Sic Parvis Magna", which supposedly translates to "Greatness from small beginnings". I have tried to figure out what language it is and have determined that they are not real words. My first guess was Latin, but according to Google translate, it is not latin. I think one word came up when I plugged in the phrase. I have decided the game creators made this up.
I did remove the ring from the package so I could make a necklace of it. I removed the leather strap because I would just tear it up. I have the ring on a dogtag chain.

This is a reproduction of the belt buckle that Nate wears in the game. I left it in the package. What the heck am I going to do with a belt buckle? It's still really cool though.
and that is why my little brother is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?