Thursday, July 1, 2010

in which a novel is mapped out

Reading - finishing up Majestic by Whitley Streiber, which I started reading before the witch book edit.

Argh! I've been so freaking scatterbrained this week. With the manuscript of the moment gone, I can't decide what to work on. I dive into one project and then the other project looks more fun. Back and forth. I need some ADD medication or something. No matter where I am, work wise, the grass is slightly greener over there.

One thing I'm working on is the sequel to She Who is Vengeance. I vow that this will not be a long project. As part of that vow, I am plotting out as much as I can before I start writing actual book words. I am using what I am going to call a zooming in story layout method, which is probably not a very fancy name.

Zoom 1- I started with random ideas for new characters and developments for characters from the first book.

Zoom 2 - Then using those characters, I laid out a general overview synopsis that runs from the beginning of the book to the end. This is like story brainstorming and also where theme comes into play. What is my theme?

Zoom 3 - closer. I will rough out the important, pivotal scenes, the action, conflict, resolution bits. Adding some details to the setting.

I'll call Zoom 4 the actual writing part, which I dabbled in but haven't yet started for realsies. I'm trying to focus on trying to make this as much a stand alone story as possible, even though it is a sequel.

Also, there may be some major changes in store for She Who is Vengeance quite soon, namely a new cover and title! Can you handle it?

What else?

Ah, the indie review. I decided to put off announcing the title until July 5th due to the holiday weekend. I should have thought of that previously, but alas. So, if u want to submit your book info and synopsis, please visit my website and fill out the contact form.

That's all I have going on for now.

_________________________
Other places to find me:
http://www.LeaRyan.com/
My Lulu storefront http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=4584399
Amazon Author Page - http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003Q1OK5Q
Twitter: @LeaRyan1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?