Tuesday, December 1, 2009

argh on a Tuesday

soundtrack of the day - Beastie Boys, Sounds of Science

I am seriously considering pushing out the deadline for the novel. I had hoped to be finished before the start of November. Then I hoped to be finished by the start of December. I guess that's the advantage of publishing on your own, you can change your deadlines at will.

Pushing out the deadline is not something I really want to do, but I feel like there is too much to do yet. I'm still smoothing out the manuscript and the cover art isn't quite finished. I don't have my ISBN, so that's another factor to consider. I would like to try to get some reviews in library journals too. I've read that you have to submit those requests months before publication. Maybe I could push out to April and get everything done. Getting a book ready is a time consuming process.

I guess I just want to make sure that I get everything in perfect order before I set it free. The bad thing is, I will probably still find a way to fall flat on my face. I'm really, really good at falling on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Cents?